Friday 14 November 2014

Service Review - McDonald's Standing Restaurant

Whilst collecting market research for my up coming London project, I found myself feeling rather peckish. As a student, I'm always packing - McDonald's vouchers that is. So I rushed off to the nearest golden arches - which happened to be on Oxford Street. Compared to other McDonalds' I've been in, Oxford Street's seems very fast paced. Upon arrival you are instantly seen by one employee with an Ipad offering a fast track service. Personally, I thought this was pure genius - there is nothing worse than waiting in a queue for food because a customer in front is still choosing. Anyway I can get food quicker is a good thing. Also from McDonalds prospective this is good too, considering the substantial footfall on Oxford Street. However the great ideas stopped straight after my food arrived. Bare in mind Oxford Street is mostly high street shops and departments stores - so the McDonalds' main clientèle are likely to have many shopping bags and may want to sit and eat their. So they install these round bench tops, which have room for barely two meals and no chairs or stalls. So no where to sit - unless you want to tackle two flights of stairs. These table tops are also so close together, you're practically leaning in your meal. I can see McDonalds is trying to make use of the limited space, but the whole set up is cramped and cluttered. 

My lovely model, Amber, trying to eat her meal, whilst standing at one of McDonalds' eating stations;

 

No comments:

Post a Comment