Friday 14 November 2014

Culture - London - The Non-Stop City


 This week I was in London for a few days whilst working with my university. Whilst it's a nice change to Stoke-On-Trent, I'm not a fan of the noise pollution. In fact lying in bed one night, I realised London never seems to sleep - and the noise of the city keeps everyone up. When going for a late night stroll down a busy street I saw over seven restaurants and food outlets that stay open until 3am. And if eating food until 3am makes you feel tired in the morning, there are plenty of coffee shops around too. This constant demand for fast food and caffeine to go highlights the pace of London and what consumers of London need. This is a vast contrasts to what consumers need in my home town where there is only one shop. 

Below is a picture I took whilst in my favourite area of London, Piccadilly Circus - I may hate the noise of London, but here the hustle and bustle seems comforting, plus the vibrant colours and images give the whole area a nice glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment