Sunday 16 November 2014

Culture - London - Forrest Gump



I can never really pick out a favourite movie of all time, however, I did recently watch the phenomenal Forrest Gump, and fell in love instantly. Although, I believed it to be just a story. Until I was wondering around London with my little brother, and I can across Bubba Gumps restaurant and gift shop. If you haven't seen the movie, it will mean nothing to you, but if you have, they have a restaurant inspired by the movie. I love the idea of creating more merchandise to further involve an audience in a movie - but I've never seen a restaurant before. 

Perhaps the cutest thing about the whole concept is that you can buy memorabilia in the gift shop located next to the store. I got to sit on a copy of the bench. And although I know it is all fake, and just another way to get money out of me, I really did enjoy the experience. I didn't even buy anything, but the staff were so welcoming and pleasant. I know that next time I travel to London, without a doubt I'm taking a trip there.  


Information found via;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubba_Gump_Shrimp_Company

No comments:

Post a Comment