Friday 17 October 2014

Culture - Annabelle

I am a huge fan of horror movies. I will cry, I will not sleep for the next week, and I may pee a little. But I love watching them. The next one for me to tackle is Annabelle - apparently it is the prequel to the ever popular The Conjuring. A possessed doll, a freaky child and lots of jumpy moments - what more could you ask for?


When looking at the trailer, I didn't notice anything that other horror movies haven't already tried. I must admit it is a hard genre to present in a trailer advertisement. A lot of people may not find selected parts scary enough - however you can't give away too much or else people will be disappointed they went and may warn others of the movie. Even if there was a way of highlighting the good parts without spoiling it, consumers will still complain that it's too scary to be shown on television.

One thing that I noticed when doing some more research on Annabelle the movie, is that it is based on a true story of a doll named Ann. But because the Raggedy Ann doll - seen below - is a child's toy that looks 'so' scary, they had to change the dolls appearance to get more of a reaction with the audience. If the fact that this was a true story been made more prominent in the advertising I believe a lot more people would be interested in the film itself.


Loraine Warren Holding Annabelle
 
 
Tomorrow I will be venturing off to the local Odeon and watching the movie myself. I do enjoy watching horror movies, I just hope they haven't shown the best parts within the trailer already. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment